Regional Parks and Trails Strategic Plan
The CRD Regional Parks and Trails Strategic Plan 2022-2032 received interim approval from the Board on July 13, 2022.The plan provides a renewed vision, mission, values, priorities and actions to guide regional parks and trails service delivery from 2022 to 2032.
The plan was developed in consultation with agencies, stakeholders and the public, and with ongoing input from First Nations in the region.
- apply a lens of conservation and protection of biodiversity to the plan and process
- change the name to “Regional Parks and Trails Strategic Plan”.
- include actions to improve service levels for regional trails and direct staff to develop a funding strategy
- add bike parking and e-bike charging stations as part of a priority action
- continue First Nations engagement
Interim approval of the plan for one year will provide additional engagement opportunities with First Nations to deepen an understanding of issues and interests and allow reconciliation efforts identified in the Strategic Plan to commence.
Consultation has concluded