The operating portion of the provisional CRD Financial Plan pays for the expenses required to advance Board strategic priorities, including labour, supplies, programs, services and repayment of debt for major projects.
CRD Operating Overview (PDF)
Additionally, the following Board Directed Initiatives were approved during provisional review to be added into the final budget:
- One-time funding for government-to-government relationship building with First Nations
- A one-year funding renewal for the Aboriginal Coalition to End Homelessness
- Additional Building Inspection resources to address a backlog of building permit applications in electoral areas
The following Board Endorsed Initiatives are subject to service establishment approval; if successful they would be added to the final budget:
- regional geese management service
- transportation service for the Southern Gulf Islands (failed)
- local community commission for Salt Spring Island (passed)
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link
Thank you for your contribution!
Help us reach out to more people in the community
Share this with family and friends